Sandra L. Beisker Scholarship Fund
John W. Seier Memorial Fund
FDPS Project Based Learning Fund
FDPS Outdoor Adventure Fund
FDPS Grants and Gifts Fund
FDPS Hempstead Class of ’73 Scholarship
Dubuque Senior High Speech and Theater Fund – Non-Endowed
Ed and Patricia Alt DCSD STEM Staff Development Fund
Dubuque Community School District Scholarship Fund
Year Founded 2016
At A Glance
- Dubuque Senior, Hempstead, and ALC High Schools
- Non-endowed, short-term scholarships
- Memorial and family gifts
The Dubuque Community School District Scholarship Fund was created to support philanthropy in the schools by assisting donors in establishing post-secondary scholarships for graduating high school students.
The Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools (FDPS) provides administration for this non-endowed fund by facilitating pass-through and/or short-term scholarship donations.
Don & Jean Johnson Memorial Scholarship
Year Founded 2018
At A Glance
- Endowment in Memory of Don and Jean Johnson
- Scholarships for Hempstead and Senior Graduates
- Supports Special Education Students
Don and Jean Johnson were the parents of three girls: Nancy, Donna, and Lisa. When Lisa was seven, her parents were killed in a mid-air plane collision. Lisa went on to become a teacher and taught special education for her entire career, thirty years of which were with the Dubuque Community School District.
The purpose of the Don and Jean Johnson Memorial Scholarship is to support graduating seniors from the Dubuque Community School District in Dubuque, IA, who will pursue post-secondary education. The winner of this scholarship will receive a one-time $500 honorarium to be deposited with the college or university of their choice after enrollment. The award may be used for continuing educational expenses, including tuition, fees, books, room and board, and supplies directly related to the educational program in which the student is enrolled. The scholarship is not renewable.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must be:
- Entitled for and received direct special education academic services (reading, writing, math), physical or occupational therapy, services for the deaf and hard of hearing, visual impairment, or other health impairment at some point in his/her educational career as documented by an Individualized Education Plan (IEP). Students who received speech and language services only are not eligible.
- Attending a 4-year on-campus college or university (no online programs), or a 2-year program that furthers education in the recipient’s area of chosen interest.
- Preference for students who have financial need.
- Scholarships shall be given to a Dubuque Senior graduate on “even” years, and a Dubuque Hempstead graduate on “odd” years, until eligible disbursements become great enough to support graduates of both schools annually.
- GPA: Not specified
- Recipient Selection: A Scholarship Selection Committee shall be established by Dubuque Senior and Hempstead High Schools to review applications and render recommendations for distribution of awards. Students must apply through the Dubuque Senior and Hempstead guidance offices.
The Foundation for Dubuque Public Schools supports student achievement by promoting investment in the Dubuque Public Schools.